Natural Pet Care
Keeping Your Pet Healthy
Keeping your pet healthy starts with a balanced diet, not over-feeding your pet, and plenty of appropriate exercise. Although your pet ages 5 to 7 times as fast as you do there's no reason that he or she cannot live a full and comfortable life.
Let's Start with Diet
- People food may be toxic for your pet - A discussion of human foods that may have poor consequences for your pet, including snacks like raisins and grapes, chocolate, coffee, avocado, macadamia nuts, and milk.
- Limit table scraps while an occasional bite of lean meat, it is important to limit the amount of human food your pet eats.
- Introducing new food to your pet - the most important recommendation is to do so gradually.
Your Healthy Pet Checklist
Here's a pet health checklist for you to reference when you are concerned about your pet. If you'd like to send an email query to our holistic vet, Dr. Bea Ehrsam, you can mention any items that apply in the symptoms section of the query form.
Wellness for Your Pet - Articles
- Your aging pet
- Cold weather pet safety tips
- Green pet care
- Pet dental care
- Pet eye care
- Pet safety at home - harmful products
The Holistic Vet
Beatrice Ehrsam, DVM, CVA (aka Dr. Bea), is our Holistic Veterinarian. She will advise on products and proper dosages. She will also answer questions by email (no charge) and provide one-half hour phone consultations at $75 upon request. Copies of last exam records may also be requested for phone consultations.